When Your Status Changes

Necessary procedures upon graduation, finding employment, transferring and so on

If you become employed by Tohoku University or at a private company, or transfer to another university, take a leave of absence, etc., you are required to take appropriate measures, such as changing your university registration and declaring a change in your Status of Residence. The required procedures vary according to your Status (student or faculty member) and the nature of the change. Please refer to the following flowcharts to identify the procedure you need to follow.

For Student

See here for changing your Status of Residence

For Researchers

See here for changing your Status of Residence

Support Services for Researchers and Faculty Members

The International Support Center can assist you with matters related to change of residence status.
Please do not hesitate to contact us via the below button should you need any assistance on the matter.