How To Watch Videos
- The orientation videos for incoming international students are now available at Google Classroom.
- To watch the videos, please make sure that you have your own DC mail address.
- The Class Code is displayed below. If you cannot see the code, please stay signed in to your Google Account with your DC mail address and look at this page again.
- For those of you who have never used Google Classroom before, please refer to the manual (1～5②) below.
Tohoku University Co-op is an autonomous association, aimed to provide members with commodities and services that are essential for campus life. It also provides Halal foods on all campuses.
MIA is an organization that aims to promote internationalization in Miyagi including support services for international students and residents.
SenTIA operates Sendai Multicultural Center, and it provides useful information for living in multiple languages.
Group Mori is a volunteer organization that aims to support international students in their daily lives.
International Student Organizations
TUFSA mainly consists of international students and offers a place for them to get to know each other.
@home is a group that connects international and Japanese students each other through events.
PPIS is a support group by international students from Indonesia.
TUMCA is a support groups to show true face of Islamic culture.
TUSTEM is an international exchange group to foster mutual exchange between Japanese and international students enrolled in undergraduate and graduate STEM curricula.
GLC plays a pivotal role in the establishment and execution of Tohoku University’s education internationalization strategy. The center also provides various information including scholarship and events for international students.
Senior TU students assist you with everyday life. You can also watch videos on Google Classroom covering various topics like typhoon preparedness, garbage disposal, clubs and circles, campus tour movies.
The Center provides various kinds of support for international students including Japanese conversation practice, assistance with writing reports and papers in Japanese.
Tohoku University has various libraries on different campuses. At the University Library, there is a Concierge Service that international student staff provide support in multiple languages.
The Center provides seminars and counseling to assist you with post-graduation career-building.
The Student Health Care Center offers a variety of consultations and services concerning health.
The center offers appropriate counseling to university students about problems in their student lives. It also provides information and advice on disabitily issues and facilities support for students.
The program is provided free of charge to international students and scholars. We highly recommend that you take them to gain a deeper understanding of the culture and the country.
Safety and Crime Prevention
- Tohoku University Safety Confirmation System (PDF)
- Campus Life Safety/Security Guide (PDF)
- Traffic Safety Guidelines for Pedestrians and Cyclists (PDF)
- Illegal drugs warning (PDF)
- Software Usage (PDF)
Medical Care and Insurance
- Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research “GAKKENSAI”
- Comprehensive Insurance for Students Lives Coupled with “GAKKENSAI” for International Students (“Inbound futai-gakuso”) (PDF)
- Hospital and Clinics Information | SenTIA