Using the Tohoku University Web Application System for "Certificate of Eligibility (COE)"
index Using the Tohoku University Web Application System for "Certificate of Eligibility (COE)"
International Support Office makes a COE application form to submit to the Regional Immigration Bureau. Applicants are requested to enter your required information through “Tohoku University Web Application System for “Certificate of Eligibility(COE)” (hereinafter referred to as “COE Web Application System”). If there is any wrong information, it will take more time than usual for the issuance of COE. Only applicant can enter the information, NOT Tohoku University staff. Standard procedures duration for the Immigration Bureau to screen the application and issue the COE is a month to three months. Please make sure to allow about three months before your desired day of departure.
Necessary documents for the web application
- Passport (You can apply for your COE without the valid passport. If your passport is under proceeding, please check the "proceeding" box.)
- Form1: Information on Status of Residence and visa procedures (Updated:Jul. 29, 2019)
Form1 for "Student" Japanese English
Form1 for "Professor" Japanese English
Form1 for "Professor" (JSPS) Japanese English
Form1 for "Cultural Activities" Japanese English
Form1 for "Dependent" Japanese English
- Form2: Information Sheet for COE Web Application and Visa Application Form
*Please refer to the Form2 which you received from Tohoku University staff.
Form2 for “Student” [Sample] Japanese English
Form2 for “Professor” [Sample] Japanese English
Form2 for “Professor” (JSPS) [Sample] Japanese English
Form2 for “Cultural Activities” [Sample] Japanese English
Form2 for “Dependent” [Sample] Japanese English
- 【If you apply for your spouse /children for "Dependent" COE】
For your spouse: Official certificate which shows the family relationship with you such as marriage certificate. Official document certifying the profession and the income of the person who is to support the person concerned such as certificate of employment.
For your child(ren) : Official certificate which shows the family relationship with you such as birth certificate. Official document certifying the profession and the income of the person who is to support the person concerned such as certificate of employment.
Tohoku University Web Application System for "Certificate of Eligibility (COE)"
Procedures for COE Web Application System
Note: All e-mails sent from the system with the address of "firstname.lastname@example.org"
- Choose your "Status of Residence" on the top page.
- Enter the required information. After that, click the confirm button.
- An e-mail including your password and URL link to the system will be sent to the e-mail address you registered in step 2. Please log in to the system with your ID (your e-mail address) and password before entering the required information.
- To save your progress while entering the information, please click the "Save" button. We recommend you do it frequently.
- If any error message appears, modify the wrong information.
- Upload the necessary documents to the system. If you can not do that, send them to the international support office via e-mail.
- Click the "Confirm" button when you finish entering the information and uploading the documents. If there is no error, the entered information will appear on the screen. Click the "Apply" button after confirming it is all correct.
- A message ("your application is being processed") will appear on the screen. A few days later, when the International Support Office has accepted the application, an e-mail with the title "Application has been accepted" will be sent to you. You will be able to see the applied information, but won't be able to edit or reapply. Please contact the International Support Office if you need to modify it. In case you do not receive the e-mail, please check to see if it was marked as spam.
Notes on the web application
About "Your Postal Address of COE"
When your COE is issued, International Support Office will send it to you by EMS (Express Mail Service). Please enter the correct postal address where somebody can be sure to receive the EMS.